The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

Share | 

Sexomnia other wise known as sleep sex disorder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin

PostSubject: Sexomnia other wise known as sleep sex disorder   Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:34 pm

drowsy deviant
I started dating this guy. It's been less than a week. He got drunk last night and stayed the night. He wanted to mess around with me, but I wouldn't. He tried and realized that I wasn't going to change my mind, so we went to sleep. When I woke up at 7:30 a.m. his jeans were off and he was masturbating. He had previously put his hand down the back of my pants, but since my back was turned, I thought nothing of it. When I saw what he was doing I freaked out, got up and left the room.

He said he was sleeping, and doing this in his sleep. Possible or not? I don't see how it would be possible. To take your jeans off and do that, just seems like a lot of trouble for someone who is sleeping.

Jennifer

Jennifer,

To most ears, your date's story would sound more than a bit fishy, but don't crucify the guy yet. In 2003, a study published in the Canadian Journal of Psychiatry introduced a phenomenon that the researchers dubbed sexomnia, a condition wherein sleeping people attempted to initiate sex with their partners. In each of the cases studied the sexomniacs had no recollection of the incidents upon waking.

Beyond taking his word for it, the only way to verify your date's story is to see if it happens again. Sexomnia is a chronic condition and thus persistent; it wouldn't give rise to only one isolated incident. But keep in mind that it's not only sexomniacs who play with themselves in their sleep. Plenty of guys will unconsciously let their hands graze while slumbering, as will plenty of women -- perhaps even you do!

this article interests me very much lol do you beleiev in sexomnia?
Back to top Go down
http://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sexomnia other wise known as sleep sex disorder   Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:52 pm

It is a possibility, the human brain is a complex thing. If one can sleep walk, talk and other things, such as cook a meal or move clocks for example, who's to say the act of taking one's clothes off and having sex is so impossible. They are physical actions imprinted into one's mind and initiated by the brain while sleeping. For example, if you've never been able to play computer games, I doubt you would be able to play them while you slept. But there could also be the extreme desire to do something, or even if you've been deprived of something you love (in this case, sex) then there's nothing to say your sub-conscious makes you fulfil these desires or 'needs' while you slept.
Back to top Go down

Sexomnia other wise known as sleep sex disorder
Page 1 of 1