The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

Share | 

Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jameskane

PostSubject: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sat May 02, 2009 4:14 pm

Myself, Arbon, Dave, Dom and Fielding , all went to coleby grange at the date and time in the title and discovered something not only breathe takingly scary but absolutely fascinating aswell.

We arive outside coleby grange in Lincolnshire which use to be a air field thingy i think haha.

And we have heard stories for months about this place, aparently a paranormal Lincoln team stayed in coleby and had stones thrown at them and some of their team felt very strange ..anyway.

We get outside this place and all is well and we are feeling normal as such.
Then we here something drop on the floor.
We look and its a stone none of us cud of thrown this stone because we was all stood together in a group and this stone flew past us and dropped somewhere beside us.
We then all was like puffs and screaming like girls.
After this which we all agreed as just something fallen from somewhere you know being naturalistic about the situation more stones started to be fired at us with force and anger and was deliberatly being thrown at us.
I remember saying this is really perquliar becuase some nights weve been here maybe 2 hours and witnessed nothing and all this was in the first 5 minutes , we were all intreeged and wnated to search even more so we decided to go inside.
Dave took the lead and we all followed being as we walked in the entrance dave pepped around the first corner of several inside the building and a huge rock flew past his face and we all ran outside. We cudnt come to terms why soo SO SO SO much activity was going on it was just unreal:S

More stones were hitting ehre there and everywhere either near us , beside us or even on us once or twice.
WOW we thought what an amazing achievement we added.
MORE WAS LEFT TO COME..

Half way through the night we were all stood in one room and i was at the back.
Picture a room with everyone stood in and ur stood where the door frames are and leaning on them. thats how it looked with me leaning on the door frame..
A big rock smacked the wall outside the room in the corridoor to the left of me .. i then turned qucikly and saw something un explainable..

A face appeared very dainty and hard to picture.
Its balck demon eyes looked straight into mine i then ran out the place quicker than u cud imagine smacking the side of the walls on my way out. I was so frightened apparently i didnt part of the wall when i was running out adam said.

I then sat outside having a panic attack , i cudnt speak i was just , i cudnt believe what i saw, years of looking and wondering than i see this. Ive always been petrified of seeing something that no one else cud see and it happened i absolutely cried and was uncontrollable, i fell to the floor screaming no no no no no. Dom sat me up looked in my eyes frightened as anything and was telling me and teaching me to breathe.
I
Like the mad heads we are we decided to carry on with the investigation apart from one thing ..ME (JAMES)
STAYED OUTSIDE.
That face will haunt me forever.
No one understands what its like when u see the real thing. well what i believed to be the real thing.. Call me a liar, a freak, a paranoid weirdo..
I know what i saw on that dark Friday night,
You go in there BELIEVE it and see it for yourself

I stayed quiet all the way home just in pure shock.
How will i sleep tonight i wodnered. Truth is i didnt and on the second day only just being able to talk about it i probably wont sleep tonight either.

I use to be just like u, believe nothing unless i see it, and when people with their other stories speak about there events id laugh and say "Yeh right"...Maybe now ill think twice
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sat May 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Coleby Grange, hmm? Perhaps I shall pay it a visit, and confront such forces with my unwavering scepticism. It does seem to be an interesting story of paranormal activity, so I would like to experience it myself and come up with a logical explanation on my own. As second hand information, I cannot determine whether or not what you saw was real or just freak light anomalies. As for the stones, there are a number of reasons there could have been stones throwing at you, if it wasn't actual people there, or rocks falling off building or whatever (I don't really know the layout, so probably not, if it's an airfield). But I have a TV, and in my old house we used to have ornaments on top of it, and they used to get tossed off it and landing on their floor, or sometimes hitting us, sometimes even consequtively. There was no paranormal activity in that house, so them being thrown off was not likely to be a spirit of some sort. But things being thrown for seemingly no reason is not unheard of.
Have you done any research into the face you saw? Perhaps looked up old records of previous inhabitants, people who worked there, check if any of them died there? Maybe any crashes? It could be worth looking into, and see if any of them match the face you saw.
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sat May 02, 2009 6:19 pm

We shall confront this with SCIENCE.

COME ON BOFFINS, SCEPTICS AND BELIEVERS. TO COLEBY GRANGE!
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sat May 02, 2009 6:59 pm

AGREED! Sometime in October...BOFFINS!?
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 03, 2009 5:01 am

it'd better be when i'm next down in lincoln

I aint missing out on this one! haha
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 03, 2009 5:02 am

besides someone has to be there to gather photographic evidence =P

*mental note to go buy infared film*
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 03, 2009 8:04 am

We already have someone for the filming, with cameras and shizzle, but some still shots would be good. Check out the 'Investigation' board. Also *points to the news announcement bar, scrolling at the top*
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 03, 2009 8:11 am

that's what i'm good at =)

infared black and white film is supposed to be more responsive for catching anything paranormal on film. and film is better evidence - its harder to mess with a negative than a digital file.
but if I can't make it, just try to get some 35mm infared film with a camera that won't fog it (no electrical/infared film number readers etc) and you should be fine.

let me know if you need a link for where to buy infared film.
Back to top Go down
jameskane

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Wed May 13, 2009 4:19 pm

People will Believe what they will want to, but i can ssure you that rocks falling from the top of the building and the ornaments on top of your tele are very different , please do go witness it, but i always believe thta if u believe u will see if u go in sceptic they aint gona bother.
Plus ive seen plenty more unexplainable faces and insidents throughout my life.
Some i cant even talk about to this day, and wont ever talk about.
ANYWAYS
Yes do go to coleby it will be a great night Smile!
x
Back to top Go down
draculas-daughter

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Thu May 21, 2009 5:55 pm

Coleby seems to be an aggressive kind of phenomenon because the many times myself and my husband with friends have gone there we are always instantly met with stones being thrown and even bricks dropped onto us as my poor friend Katie found out recently. The only phantom there I can suggest is the man who died on the staircase after falling...you can feel his pain there apprently.

I will never deny Coleby is incredibly haunted. The building itself is an angry looking shell that stands almost morosely and the glaring windows seem to dare you to enter. I love it!

I'm all for a massive group of us going. Those brave enough amongst us could even attempt a seance if everyones okay with that

X-x-Dom-x-X
Back to top Go down
lilmisskt2006

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 24, 2009 2:43 am

Ahh the bricks...i will never forget that
And Im surprised to hear James saw a persons face right next to him Dom...could that be the guy who fell down the stairs and who we saw?
I highly doubt it will be the so called phantom who is on the top...I clearly come to believe the guy who died on the stairs accounts for activity on the ground and 1st floor...there is a phantom on the top who throws bricks and stones at people outside and I have seen things up there too!
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 24, 2009 10:27 am

We were scrolling through the squadrons of those that were functioning at Coleby Grange during the war, noting all those that were killed or died. However, it doesn't state how or when they died, it would be most helpful if we could get the name of the soldier who fell down the stairs, if not already known.
But I suppose we could hold a séance to find out his name and we could check that up on all the squadrons active on the Grange, finding as much information as we could afterwards.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 24, 2009 6:05 pm

from a logical point of view in terms of eliminating possible subconcious self answering, it would be better to go in totally blind in terms of research with names etc and if we get a name through a seance, THEN research it to verify it.
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 24, 2009 7:01 pm

I mentioned that in the second part. Keep up stargirl, XD

Super-Condescending-Genius, awaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Sun May 24, 2009 7:40 pm

yes but you mentioned it AFTER going on about researching before hand, I was just reinforcing and explaining/reasoning a point that you didn't really give your reasoning for very well..

=P

seeee I can be super condescending tooo hahaha
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Mon May 25, 2009 12:39 am

It was hinted at and therefore assumed that people would understand the full capacity of which it was intended and those who failed to do so, obviously lack my intellectual capabilities of which I also share with those who I am good friends with.

Good, but not good enough ;]
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:05 pm

Much as I dislike to break up this little mental fencing match you have going on here, I suspect that neither I or McFuzzball will be particpating in a seance, being pure Cynic through and through. Our research is therefore a moot point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm   

Back to top Go down

Coleby Grange ..01/05/09..10 pm til 12 pm
Page 1 of 1