The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

Share | 

Coleby Grange

Go down 
AuthorMessage
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Coleby Grange   Sat May 02, 2009 8:12 pm

Myself and Vegeminator would like to propose an investigation at Coleby Grange, just outside of Waddington, near Coleby (would you believe).
The investigation would be overnight and a short distance away from the derelict control tower (as there have been many accounts of people having rocks pelted at them from outside the control tower, looking in). We will conduct the investigation as professionally as possible (more details on the day) but not TOO seriously, we want to mess around aswell. People will be split into a team of two, and there will be one team (two people) inside the control tower at any one time. The teams will be organised depending upon your rank here on the forum (i.e. 'Believers' 'Cynic's and those who are on the fence). With any luck we'll come up with some pretty sound results if we're there all night, given that there are plenty of paranormal things that could happen while out there for the entire night.

We're just seeing who's interested right now, before we actually set ourselves a date, but the rough time is sometime in October.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 03, 2009 8:23 am

I'm definately up for it =) as long as I know of a date in enough advance, I should be able to save enough money for the train or organise a paid shoot in lincoln around that time =)

I know you said in the other thread that you've got someone to record video, would that be vege? And I should be able to do infared film photography. (its apparently more responsive to anything paranormal than other films or digital as it can record the spectrum beyond the limits of human vision)

If worst comes to the worst and I can't get down, I can help set someone else up with infared film and a camera that won't fog it.

Really interested to see what will happen if we have people inside the tower and out, to check whether there is anyone in the tower throwing these stones. Maybe we could take an idea from most haunted and try marking the stones or using coloured marbles and see if something will throw them.

Can someone please also research whether asbestos is going to pose a risk in coleby and if so please can we make sure that everyone is supplied with a facemask/respirator because I don't want anyone pointing any figures at our investigations in 20 years time when they're dying cause of breathing in asbestos fibres.
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 am

But no, the one setting up the video cameras isn't Veg, it's another friend of mine who could be joining the forum so I'll refer to him as "Blak" for now, he knows a lot about the technical side, and would be able to explain and phenomenon from a technical viewpoint, just like you could with the still cameras and the 'orbs'.

I do like the idea of the marbles though, and marking stones. Perhaps placing some inside and leaving for a while, then checking again to see if they've been moved or thrown.

We also have some procedures for if two members happen to see something, they don't declare what they've seen to each other, they return to the main group, and say what they saw to seperate people and then they compare sightings, cause that way it's less likely to be hoaxed. But we'll run over everything on the day, if we can.

If there's asbestos then we won't be going inside, plain and simple. But if you look at the pictures of the control tower, it doesn't seem like there's anything except bricks and mortar, as very basic design, constructed quickly and cheaply for the war. Regardless, I will look into it.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 03, 2009 2:32 pm

another simple test (best not to do it at the top of the tower due to natural swaying/vibrations)

draw a circle with talc and place a ball in the centre

the surface obviously has to be flat and cleared of all obstructions

this test could be set up at the beginning of the night and checked before we leave - we photograph it before and after.

the test is to see if it has been moved - if an 'entity' has returned it to its original spot the talc will still have been disturbed in an obvious manor

and perhaps the two reports could be videoed as evidence and then it means we can play it back for the other person to watch.

and yeah, i'm pretty sceptical when it comes to 'ghost photos' that I haven't captured myself. they are too easy to fake and often 'real' ones are just common problems with the film or camera - dirt on the lens/manufacturing stage faults in the film/ mistakes make during processing/ Light leaks with the camera fogging the film. Also out of date films can create wierd effects that could account for many apparent ghost photos - I'll easily be able to point these explanations out and explain them.

Also if we do indeed find anything on the film when it is processed, then revisiting the site at a similar time in similar conditions would be advised to see if any obvious explainations like light formations/shadows/reflections can account for it

also I have to make one suggestion - that we do not release the date of the investigation online but instead email people who are wanting to take part nearer the time. We don't want to advertise when we are going to be there for any security or police to kindly meet us there lol
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 03, 2009 2:36 pm

another one I just thought of actually is a pendulum-pencil (you'd have to do so research as to where you would buy one) that could be set up to record any paranormal movements - again like the ball, it should be done on the ground floor away from where we will be.

It's basically a weighted pencil lead on a string that is suspended just touching a piece of paper, any movements of the pendulum will be drawn onto the paper. Its used to test the movement of high-rise buildings but is also used in paranormal investigations alot.
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Excellent ideas, there. If you've got any more under your belt, please do let us know. We could do with as many different tests/experiments as physically possible. I want this investigation to be as scientifically accurate as possible. SO MANY times I watch investigations, and they have no idea of the correct procedure, nor of any tests.
It'd have to be an all nighter, people examining interior and exterior at all times. Your addition of infrared photography is wonderful, Kat, is it?

Come on boffins. Lets sort this out.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Mon May 04, 2009 6:45 am

I can also suggest we all buy disposable cameras as I can't be in every single place, that way if anything is going on, people can take a quick snap - might be that nothing comes out but eh its worth it just for the chance of multiple validations or possbile explainations found from different angles. Ones with very high ISO or an inbuilt flash would be preferable due to it being nighttime.

and people should bring any digital cameras they have incase the film runs out.

Now I don't know what you guys will make of the idea

but what might come in very useful is a thermal imaging scanner and some dictaphones (for Electronic Voice Phenomina)

perhaps we could all chip in and save up for them by october.

you can buy handheld scanner that will show you a thermal image of any surface or object. and from a height (like the tower) would be able to point out any hot/cold spots around the team. any images would be good to capture on film - video or still just so we have proof.

Also please don't forget - no one should be left on their own at any point, we need two people to validate events.

And where possible.. lol
if an event occurs, we have to stay professional - we can't run away like little kids no matter how scared we are, the moment we run is the moment we stop gathering evidence.

i mean if its a big ugly evil demon collapsing the tower on us obviously that WOULD be a good time to run haha but I doubt we'll have anything like that =P

Will let you know if I have any other ideas
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Mon May 04, 2009 8:54 am

I'd proposed the idea of disposables myself, and I know where to get cheap ones with inbuilt flashes (i.e: Boots)
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Mon May 04, 2009 9:31 am

ok cool =)
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Tue May 05, 2009 1:35 am

What is everyones opinion on Ouija Boards, and their application in paranormal investigations?
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Tue May 05, 2009 2:01 pm

sorry but I wouldn't join in with one

and I think doing one without researching protection 'spells' etc wouldn't be a good idea - as a sceptic, they can't do any harm, as a believer, I believe that they're a very good idea - we're not going to loose anything by doing them, but if by some chance things did happen to prove you sceptics wrong and we didn't have any protection charms/spells or whatever and they would have helped, then we'd be kicking ourselves.

I dont believe they're anything other then subconciously moving it yourself, but on the other hand I also believe that they stand a very real chance of being dangerous and letting some horrible things 'through' if you don't know what you're doing.
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Thu May 07, 2009 10:32 am

That's why I, as a cynic, would participate. I would consciously be aware of people moving it and I would pick out the people who are and order them to stop, provided their actions are subconscious. As for it being real, well we just need to get some people who are willing to take the risk. All you'd need is a set of stones and we'd be on our way. Regardless of 'letting anything in'.
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Thu May 07, 2009 4:44 pm

I got stones.
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sun May 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Well then why won't you participate? If you got the stones to go against all the risks?
Back to top Go down
lilmisskt2006

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   Sat May 23, 2009 3:54 pm

Been to Coleby Grange on three occasions now and do believe there is paranormal activity....nearly having a brick land on my head, stones thrown etc
At the bottom of the concrete stairs within the tower a guy when on watch fell cracked his head open and died. A lot of activity happens around here..stones thrown down the stairs..the feeling of something rolling down the stairs and the sound of someone walkin down the stairs. You can also hear someone walkin along the 1st floor of the building. As well as this known death, there is supposedly a phantom at the top of the tower...which is accesible and would answer bricks fallin off the roof, on 3 incidences that I kno of and stones being thrown from the top of the building at people outside.
We have conducted a sayons (cant spell it sorry guys) on the ground floor of which we didnt get a lot of activity apart from people feelin cold and I felt like something walked through me..my right ear went cold had pins and needles through my body and then my left ear went cold. After this however the activity started to build.
Its well worth the visit but prepare for a violent night. Stones and bricks are thrown..none have hit anyone I kno *fingers crossed* and personally I always feel like Im not welcome there when I go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coleby Grange   

Back to top Go down

Coleby Grange
Page 1 of 1