Weird & Wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

investigation equipment

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

investigation equipment Empty
PostSubject: investigation equipment   investigation equipment EmptyTue May 05, 2009 1:27 pm

basic investigation equipment which i would like all to have (if really into this) that way its not always by word of mouth:

Dictaphone
Pen
Pad of plain paper (auto writing)
Torch -maglite
Walkie talkies (to keep tabs on each other when seperated)
digital camera or better (due to the quality of disposable cameras i believe they would be usless in such situations, also people actually getting round to developing them ect)
whistle ( incase anything where to happen you can call for help)
thermometre (to record any drop in tempreture tho accounting for natural drops)
a heavy object each such as an all metal key, perhaps a bell or anything else which can be considered quite heavy or makes a noise )

ok so far this is the list if we all bring one of each or as many as possible it will make the investigations so much easier!
the dictaphone will make the investigations a hell of a lot easier for example person A runs up saying they where having a normal conversation when they heard a voice say 'get out', this would have to be discounted as there is no proof it happened for all we know this person made it up, this is where having the dictaphone will come in. we all switch dictaphones on at same time stating the time and postion, and then they are not switched off untill the vigil end or tape has run out. this way everything that happens is recorded! and we can also say when it happend and at what time. and will be able to compare them all.

the paper is for automatic writing, supposedly people can be 'posessed' if you liek by the ghosts and made towrite stuff, also sometimes the 'subconcious' makes us write or draw information we didnt know we had ??

the thermometere is to take note of tempreture drops, these wont be too acurate as they take minutes to react un less someone is willing to get digital ones??

walkie talkies so that everyone can keep in contact, and notify each other as and when things happen, so that maybe people can join others ect,
the whistle is because not always do the walkie talkies work, sometimes aparent paranormal activity can effect electrical items.

ok so anything else people feel may be important please PM me and i will add to the lost.

ps. all the common sense items are upto you lol such as sleeping bags, fleeces, tents ect.

Ana Gerr-Management
Back to top Go down
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
stargirlphotography

stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: investigation equipment   investigation equipment EmptyTue May 19, 2009 4:14 pm

perhaps instead of a thermometre we could save up together to buy one thermal imaging camera/scanner for now? they give digital feedback and are able to locate sources of hot or cold for example a single stone on the floor. or to track the motion of a wave of colder hair moving through a room.

I'd imagine they're expensive as hell though.
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

PostSubject: Re: investigation equipment   investigation equipment EmptyTue May 19, 2009 8:19 pm

eek! i just want to take the tempreture of the room : S
Back to top Go down
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

PostSubject: Re: investigation equipment   investigation equipment EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Hmmm.. thermal imaging IS a bit much, given that we don't even know how often we'll be doing this. I think, for now, a thermometer will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: investigation equipment   investigation equipment EmptyFri May 22, 2009 3:46 am

okie =)

was actually thinking of getting some thermal imaging gear for experimental photography... so if that happens then I shall let you guys know.
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: investigation equipment   investigation equipment Empty

Back to top Go down

investigation equipment
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weird & Wonderful :: General :: Investigations-
Jump to: