Weird & Wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will? Empty
PostSubject: ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will?   ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will? EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Illuminata" redirects here. For the 1998 John Turturro film, see Illuminata (film).
For other uses, see Illuminati (disambiguation).
Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name that refers to several groups, both historical and modern, and both real and fictitious. Historically, it refers specifically to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1st, 1776. In modern times it is also used to refer to a purported conspiratorial organization which acts as a shadowy "power behind the throne," allegedly controlling world affairs through present day governments and corporations, usually as a modern incarnation or continuation of the Bavarian Illuminati. In this context, Illuminati is often used in reference to a New World Order (NWO). Many conspiracy theorists believe the Illuminati are the masterminds behind events that will lead to the establishment of such a New World Order. Confusing the issue further is the fact that there are also several modern fraternal groups which include the word "Illuminati" in their names.

ok so i have been hearing about this alot, in films, in news, in general conversation with my very rich and very powerful friends *ahem* and well its got me thinking about what the hell this is?? one person said its like a 'masons' group a gathering of all the powerful and famous get together and decide on things to do with OUR lives, another person told me that whenever the world seems to be going down hill 'they' create a story of somesort to kind of distract us from whats really going on so for instance at this moment in time we are heading if not already into a recession, but all of a sudden up pops swine flu?? now you may all say oh yeah thats real and im talking bol...rubbish but it has happened quite a lot, think about it everytime the world goes to pot up pops bird flu, foot and mouth, michael barrymore kills??!! ( i dont believe it for one second!! lol) and we all forget why we where arguing with the head polotician of the time......look it up tis true even if the illuminati isnt.........
Back to top Go down
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will? Empty
PostSubject: Re: ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will?   ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will? EmptySun May 10, 2009 7:34 pm

It is an interesting idea and I have heard a lot about the Illuminati myself. I have no reason to disbelieve in them or their cause, as they have been around for centuries, beginning to oppose dominant Catholicism centuries ago, with members like Da Vinci, it's no wonder they were so powerful. I'm not sure how they manifested themselves into the subliminal governmental power they are now, or whether or not the Illuminati disbanded long ago, and now the government is using their connections to spread the rumours in order to take the blame away from themselves if anyone suspects these flus to be a hoax.
Back to top Go down

ok so not much of a religion but a sect as you will?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weird & Wonderful :: Mind, Body & Soul :: Religion-
Jump to: