The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

Share | 

Vampires and Werewolves.....

Go down 

Vampires or Werewolves?
Vampires
100%
 100% [ 3 ]
Werewolves
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Vampires and Werewolves.....   Tue May 19, 2009 4:48 pm

Two words:

Yes Please

XD lmao sorry couldn't resist.

though I swear to god... any mention of robert patterson in this thread (other than this warning) WILL require me to biatchslap you till you snap out of your fangirl haze

lol

Anyone have any favourite vampire/werewolf movies?

Interview with a vampire is probably my favourite.

does anyone actually believe that they do exist?

And how do you think you would cope IF vampires were real and IF you were 'turned' into one....

I like the passionate image that hollywood and many clever authors have created but if I sit and think about the reality of it I wouldn't be able to take it. Maybe I'd survive as a vegitarian vamp though a la twilight lol even though I still don't like the idea of hunting down animals (even though I already eat meat)

hmm... methinks i'm going to have to watch Blade this weekend....
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and Werewolves.....   Thu May 21, 2009 2:14 pm

Vampires are pretty damned awesome.

Although, a lot of vampiries in films appear to be rather...violent, ugly and beast-like. To me....Vampires are all about the darkness, the charm, the elegance, their impeccable wit and repartee. And some films 9Blade) seem to put them in a different light completely. ALTHOUGH I haven't seen Blade, I'm aware that the vampires have guns and are completely hardcore fighting machines EVEN though they're in human form. That just is not what vampires are about at all, to me, not the fighting. Just the calm temper and suddenly, in a flash, you're dead! No guns, no wars... just...death.
As for Twilight...FUCKING Twilight. Clearly taking that approach but really fucking it up on the way... those vampires are not vampires. They are FAIRIES. Nothing more, they cannot be dignified with the term 'Vampires' because...they only vampiric thing about their behaviour is their desire to drink blood and their rather exceptional strenght but... ugh. SPARKLING vampires?! No...just...just no...you can't do it. The book Twilight is about some rather unfortunate fairies and a love story.
That actually calms me down a little... I'm feeling more relaxed about the book and film now...a little bit anyway.

Werewolves are also snazzy...just not AS snazzy as Vampires.
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and Werewolves.....   Thu May 21, 2009 4:05 pm

To me the 'perfect' depiction of what I see a vampire as is more along the lines of interview with a vampire, lestat etc - dunno if you've seen those movies or read the books, they're very good and I reccommend them and then you'll understand what I mean - the timeless, seductive predator that lures their prey in and transfixes them while they drain the life out of them.

I also like one thing that the anime bleach touched on in one episode - the depiction of 'vampire-like' creatures that didn't drain blood but instead drained energy/life-force leaving behind nothing but a pile of ashen remains....

But i'm also a sucked (scuse the pun) for the 'kick-ass' vamps... I'm a definate fan of movies like Blade and Underworld (rise of the lychans was a good story but kinda flopped - could have been much better)

I like the BOOKS of twilight, they depict much more of the barely caged animal rather than the 'nancy-pancyish' vamps in the movie. I hate the movie with a passion - the movie is a crappy teen romance only. the books are fantastic and capture the ever-changing moods of the vamps. and i'm not keen on the sparkly vamps bit either but in the books it actually works.... it just looks silly the way they attempted it, it looks better in your imagination....

and yesh... i prefer vamps but I also love werewolves... cause i'm obsessed with wolves XD
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and Werewolves.....   Thu May 21, 2009 8:29 pm

Veg is going to RAPE you for your last comment about Twilight!

Too tired to write anymore right now but I'll re-edit tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vampires and Werewolves.....   

Back to top Go down

Vampires and Werewolves.....
Page 1 of 1