The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

Share | 

plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin

PostSubject: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Thu May 21, 2009 5:22 pm

have been looking around and well there are a lot in lincoln, so have emailed a few for quotes and times and hopefully will be visiting one or two to see if we can deem whether they have the gift or not, me personally i believe in it, the power of the mind is a wonderful thing, tho i do believe that a true clairvoyant wouldnt charge as its a gift not a job.
anyone else wanting to join in or is willing to be a guinea pig and visit one please let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Thu May 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Cynical Guinea Pig RIGHT here!
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Sat May 23, 2009 4:39 pm

there's a gazillion palmists in blackpool... but I doubt they're creditable at all.....

maybe when some of the members come up to blackpool we could go out and do a 'test' on all of them and see if we can catch any out or get any interesting readings from them.

you should watch the mentalist "there's no such things as psycics"... there's one particular episode where patrick jane it butting heads with a 'medium' it's a relevent and interesting episode, well worth the watch - i'll try to find out the ep number....

has a good ending =)

and he beats fuzzy at being a sceptic ;D
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Sun May 24, 2009 10:36 am

Shut up! He's a character, a compilation of 5 people's (i.e. the writers of the show) imagination, intelligence and personalities... which makes me better than him because I'm actually real, whoop.

Besides, I used to be able to do his Rock Paper Scissors thing, beating people consequtively through simple Psychological logic... but I haven't done it in so long I'm not fast enough anymore so do what everyone else does and just picks one at random. I'm a SLOW genius. XD
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Sun May 24, 2009 6:10 pm

LOL aka no longer a genius.... XP
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Sun May 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Oooh, no, trust me. I'm still a genius. Just not as fast as I once was Wink
I can grasp just about any theory you throw at me and once I can be bothered looking up Einsteins theory of relativity, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to understand it, despite it being renown for being so incredibly complex and only a few people are actually capable of understanding it. You check up on me in a few years down the line and I will have it PEGGED.

Trust me, I'm a genius.
XD
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Sun May 24, 2009 7:42 pm

I hereby command you to go figure out the theory of relativity! hahaha
Back to top Go down
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Mon May 25, 2009 5:02 pm

the theory of relativity:

ITS ALL RELATIVE.

END.
i am a genius.
beat you to it fuzzy. x
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Mon May 25, 2009 5:28 pm

what about non-family members? they're not relatives

pwness ;D
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Mon May 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Aaah but that's the wonder of the Theory of Relativity... it's not ALL relative. Fuzzy wins again. Wink
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Mon May 25, 2009 5:58 pm

everything is relevent to some degree depending on personal perspective.
Back to top Go down
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Mon May 25, 2009 6:01 pm

haha therefore i win again! thank you stargirl!
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Wed May 27, 2009 9:59 am

No, you do not win. She said 'personal perspective' which means I win, because you have to take into consideration those poor fools who like the film and book "Twilight". It is over their 'personal perspective' that Twilight is a good film... which is wrong and I have proven to many of them WHY exactly it is a really bad film but yet they still go ahead saying "Oh no, it's wonderful!"
I'm right on such matters or taste, perspective.
But no, you do not win, even if I were to be less arrogant I would say that, "Because 'personal perspective' is involved, it just means we're all entitled to our own beliefs and so none of us can really win, we're just sharing our personal opinions and yadda yadda yadda, other things that fair and nice people would say"
Well I'm not fair or nice and I hate Twilight, while other people love it despite me having proven to them that it is a horrible film (Veg counters the book aspect as I do not read fiction, just textbooks and research papers) and that means that anyone who doesn't automatically share or at least accept and understand my 'personal perspective' is wrong because they are ignorant to my impeccable logic.
Besides, seeing as none of us have a grasp on the Theory of Relativity, stargirl's statement is nullified and your statement about it all being relative is also nullified since that is not, in fact, true, it's just what people say when they know nothing about the Theory of Relativity.

*stretches arms and sits back in chair*
Don't fuck with me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Wed May 27, 2009 2:21 pm

Alright. Back on topic. Or somewhat sticking with the digressional tangent, Einstein is spinning in his grave! Hawking is laughing at all of you. Except McFuzzball. He is not a good person to laugh at, as he's just proven.
The Theory of Relativity has NOTHING to do with particular topic, nor indeed arguments at all, unless they pertain to the realm of relative physics, which is the affectation of masses and their effect upon their spacial environment. Now, unless I'm mistaken, I would file this particular branch of bullfeggery under inapplicable, pointless and misdirected! As for the topic being discussed, AKA mediums and psychics, in case you had forgotten. HAHAHA. Don't make me laugh. Too late.
All a steaming pile of mammoth whoopsie.
Psychics = Charlatans.
Mediums = Extra smalls.

Also, Twilight sucks. Challenge if you will, bring guns. McFuzzball is correct, literary and filmographic greatness, is not defined by it's fans, but by cold, calculating ability to assess and or analyse on the part of the viewer, and is skill driven by the writer(s) when it comes to actually writing the goddamn thing.

If you got this far, well done, lesser people would've given up at "mammoth whoopsie" Congratulations, and for you information, my dear reader - It is NOT all relative and or relevant, or "Personal perspective". It is opinion formed by an individual, and therefore of no interest to me, nor indeed anyone who has even a passing interest in forming or maintaining a useful or "relevant" argument.

Thank you and goodnight, it's been a pleasure. Enjoy the the tattered remnants of you flimsily built arguments.

BOFFINS TO THE RESCUE.

SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Wed May 27, 2009 2:24 pm

To summarise:

Cynics: 1, Believers: 0
Back to top Go down
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin

PostSubject: Re: plans to visit a medium/clairvoyant   Thu May 28, 2009 5:38 pm