Weird & Wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

amityville

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

amityville Empty
PostSubject: amityville   amityville EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:39 pm

Though the Amityville house is most famously linked to the Ronald DeFeao killings in November of 1974, it was originally used to house Native Americans that were insane, sick or withering. Those Indians were buried on the property, obviously from less than peaceful circumstances. Did these Indians, buried on unconsecrated ground, lend to the later strange tragedy that would make this house so famous?

Ịn the early morning hours of November 13, 1974, Ronald DeFeao fatally shot his father, two brothers and his sister. All were found in their beds, face down, and despite the neighbors’ houses being close together, no one heard screams or noises. Mr. DeFeao claimed that ghosts were present during the events and had goaded him into eliminating his siblings though his original intent was just to executing his father.

The home at 112 Ocean Avenue eventually went up for sale and was later purchased by George and Kathy Lutz for $80,000. Though they were told by the realtor about the tragedy, the Lutz's were so enamored with the home, pool, garage and 4,000 square feet of waterfront that they immediately made an offer.

The next 28 days are the events that led to the book and movie, Amityville Horror.

Moving day should have been a clue when the leashed family dog tried to flee the property, jumped the fence and hung himself. Though the dog survived the ordeal, this was an ominous sign of things to come. What followed could not have been fluffed up any more by Hollywood itself. The Lutz's claimed that keyholes oozed goo, the toilet water turned black, and nasty smells started to permeate the house. Septic problems? George started to get sick and lose weight but if it was a general septic or well problem, the whole family would have been affected, especially the children.

Later on noises entered the house. The front door slammed on its own and footsteps pattered about the house. George also stated that 'static' noises could be heard. When he investigated the downstairs area where they thought the source was, he found the furniture moved and the carpets rolled back.

At the suggestion of friends who said they too had experienced ghostly experiences, the Lord's Prayer was recited room to room. That's when the noise went from static to full blown words including one screamed phrase, "'Will You Please Stop!"

As if that wasn't enough to motivate this family to leave the home immediately, entities gathered strength and started making themselves physically present. Kathy claimed that she felt a presence embracing her from behind. The family claimed they could see eyes peering at them through the windows at night. When they would investigate all they would find were hoof tracks accompanied by the odd squeal. Other sightings included a little boy on the second story landing and a dark cloaked figure. Their daughter Missy then developed a ghostly friendship with someone by the name of Jodie. Missy claimed that Jodie was an angel and could change shapes. Ominously, she said that Jodie had told her, "You'll live here forever."

The departure from the home is a bit ambiguous but the way George tells it, the house almost felt like it was coming alive with flexing walls and groans. They decided to make a very quick departure to Kathy's mother’s house during a very stormy night.

After the Lutz's fled, they requested paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren, to visit the home. The Warren’s went to the house along with a Duke University professor and the president of the American Society for Psychic Research. Their reports included strong clairvisual and clairaudial messages from the ghosts dwelling in the home, air that seemed to "solidify" and Ed claimed that he saw, "shadows along with thousands of pinpoints of light" which was down in the cellar and those shadows tried to push him about, scaring him out of his mind.

There was not a person at the investigation that didn't declare the place felt of utter terror. Lorraine declared that the strong-hold from the ghosts would be too severe to ever dislodge. So wretched was the feeling that the Duke Professor rumored to have passed out from fear.

Whether or not facts of this case were stretched or a complete hoax all together, it still remains one of the most frightening and sensationalized ghost stories of our time.
Back to top Go down
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:08 am

I want to go there.
Just Google Mapped it... kinda creepy looking...even from top-down. I'm tempted. Lured towards the darkness Twisted Evil

Unfortunately the house has been renovated and the address has been changed in order to deter tourists....damn and blast! Apparently an old woman lives there now, and there are no strange occurences, the only strange thing about her house is it's history. Oh well, there goes the dream =/.
Back to top Go down
draculas-daughter

draculas-daughter

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:49 pm

I'd love to visit also. There's shitloads of places in America I think would be wicked for ghosthunting...old slave platations such as Myrtle's Plantation for example which is apparently the most haunted building in america! I think the story is sumut like myrtle was a slave who was killed unfairly for a crime she did not committ or something so she haunts it. Thats what I heard but I could be wrong.

America also has all the creepiest killers like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson so I'd love to see old abodes of theirs etc. Eastern State Penitentiary also as ''stargirl'' fully knows would be amazing!!

X-x-Dom-x-X
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

stargirlphotography

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:40 pm

I propose that after my wedding next summer while you guys are over, we go check out eastern state penn >.>

in the summer they have twilight tours which would be good.
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville EmptySun May 24, 2009 1:37 pm

I'm presuming you're not allowed to go around on your own at night, like you can at Coleby Grange (even though you're not TECHNICALLY allowed) but if you could, you should try to go without a tour since tours wouldn't be all that spooky...just kinda showing you around. If you went, make sure you do a proper write up about it aswell for the forum, make things as official as possible. Wink
Back to top Go down
stargirlphotography

stargirlphotography

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville EmptySun May 24, 2009 6:18 pm

I think you can wander around without a tour during the day but the twilight tour is the only was to go around late in the evening. (goes dark about 7/8pm in the middle of summer in PA but gets light super early)

but you can hire it for filming or photography night or day... but tis about £500 or something silly.

So maybe one time i'll hire it for a major shoot and you guys can come explore and investigate. lol

go on youtube and look up 'most haunted live usa' was at easten state and even if half of its fake, it was VERY entertaining.

there was another tv paranormal investigation team went in and they got some VERY interesting footage of a shadowy figure in what seemed to be a cloak or something similar, appear, move along a walkway and then dissapear. will see if I can dig it up... I'll start a new thread tomorrow about eastern state... as for now i'm sick of my pc and going to bed in frustration as i've just had to reinstall vista for the 2nd time in a week T_T

and i'd just got everything back how I liked *sigh* lol
Back to top Go down
http://stargirlphotography.deviantart.com/gallery
Sponsored content

amityville Empty
PostSubject: Re: amityville   amityville Empty

Back to top Go down

amityville
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Weird & Wonderful :: Ghosts, Spirits, Appiritions & Poltergeists :: Hauntings-
Jump to: