Weird & Wonderful
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Fortean Times chat forum about the weird and wonderful world of the paranormal.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Check the "Investigations" board for details on our next paranormal Investigation (Coleby Grange)
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You
Visit our sister site: Dominie Brown's Ghost Hunting Website http://www.afterlifers.webs.com/
Can all users please introduce themselves in the 'New Members Introduction' - Thank You

the man who sued god

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

the man who sued god Empty
PostSubject: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:03 pm

this is a brilliant comedy piece but brings to light, the 'acts of god' loop hole in the law, i reccomend it to all and then get back to me on what you think??!!

thanks xx
Back to top Go down
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:47 pm

It's a film. No one could actually sue God. Since he doesn't exist, or if he did, he's dead. Thank you Nietzsche. Oh no he didn't! Oh yes he did!
Back to top Go down
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 pm

the premise of the film is not to 'sue god' but to prove his existance. billy connolly's boat is destroyed i think by lightning as i recall and some other stuff i believe it was a storm. he tries to claim the insurance only to be told its an act of god and therefore no pay out.
well this leads to a court case where they have to prove he does exist and billy that he does not....suffice to say its an ultimate all time questiion battle of 'DOES GOD REALLY EXIST?
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:30 pm

Hmmm... it was a while ago that I saw it so such meanings were beyond my grasp, and I kept channel flicking because the Australian accents did my head in.
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:34 pm

Ana Gerr-Management wrote:
....suffice to say its an ultimate all time questiion battle of 'DOES GOD REALLY EXIST?

No.

Problem solved, question answered.

NEXT.
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 5:46 pm

Agreed.

Reminds me of 'Oblivion'

"You're alone in the forest and you see a troll? You run. Problem solved. Next question?"
Back to top Go down
Ana Gerr-Management
Admin
Ana Gerr-Management

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyTue May 05, 2009 10:48 am

by disproving god whether he exists or not means you must disprove all existance, and anything which you see here...

NEXT!
Back to top Go down
McFuzzball
Admin
McFuzzball

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyThu May 07, 2009 10:47 am

If you disprove God, you disprove all existence?
Oh no no no.
https://weirdandwonderful.forumotion.com/religion-f36/the-big-bang-theory-t29.htm

I have made on particular post, which suggests there is NO God, nor do we need one. I shall post more on there.
Back to top Go down
Vegeminator

Vegeminator

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm

Ana Gerr-Management wrote:
by disproving god whether he exists or not means you must disprove all existance, and anything which you see here...

NEXT!

Nietzshe.
Or alternatively, Trent Reznor.
'God is dead, and no-one cares. If there is a hell, I'll see you there.'

PROBLEM SOLVED BOFFINS.

PHILOSOPHY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the man who sued god   the man who sued god Empty

Back to top Go down

the man who sued god